NAVI MUMBAI – The City of 21st Century
Navi Mumbai is a planned satellite township of Mumbai on the west coast of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It was developed in 1972 as a new urban township of Mumbai, and is the largest planned township in the world.
Business Opportunities in Navi Mumbai :
Navi Mumbai has tremendous Business Opportunities. What boosts its Business is its tactical and strategic location advantages of Mumbai – the financial capital of India.
Navi Mumbai’s well spread Railway System, fast electric local train, NMMT and BEST buses which carry thousands of commuters every day, an independent mainline rail terminal which connects the city directly to other parts of the country, state-of-the-art modern port, hover craft facilities connecting Navi Mumbai to the Gateway of India and Navi Mumbai’s nearness to the Sahar International Airport – all add to make it an ideal Business Centre of India. Apart from these good infrastructural needs of a modern Business City an airport is being developed in the city. Navi Mumbai definitely is India’s present and future Business Capital.
Navi Mumbai has in store to offer Business opportunities of every conceivable kind, wholesale markets and professional services.
Navi Mumbai has to offer the following Business Opportunities :
Wholesale Business of Agricultural Produce :
Navi Mumbai houses the biggest wholesale agricultural produce market in the entire area of Mumbai – the A.P.M.C. (Agricultural Produce Marketing Corporation) . All agricultural produce like dals, whole grains, oil seeds, fruits, vegetables, etc. are sold in wholesale here.
Information Technology and Software Business :
Infotech, Computer Hardware and Software Companies and Computer Training Institutes have flooded Vashi and Belapur areas within no time. The International Infotech Park (IIP) at Vashi, the Technology Centre at Belapur, the Millennium Park at Mhape and the IT Hardware Park at Dronagiri offer tremendous potential for business related to computer hardware and software. Offices are available in these buildings for setting up Business in information technology, electronics, telecommunication and related industry. The best of all is that a single window clearance has been provided in the IIP to take care of all government formalities. Navi Mumbai is right on its way to becoming the Silicon Valley of India.
What makes Navi Mumbai a ‘Super City’ ?
1) Spread over 344 sq. km. land, which includes a 150 km creek line.
2) 15 well-planned nodes, strung along mass transport corridors, effectively serving civic needs (Airoli, Ghansoli,
Kopar Khairane, Vashi, Sanpada, Nerul, CBD Belapur, Kharghar, Taloja, Kamothe, Kalamboli, New Panvel, Ulwe, Dronagiri
3) 45% land reserved for green zones and open-to-sky activities.
4) World-class infrastructure with excellent healthcare facilities in every node.
5) Quality housing for every stratum of society.
6) World-class education institutes in every node.
7) Reasonably priced commercial and residential real estate.
8) Direct access to any part of the country through road and rail. Quick access to Central Business District located in the heart of the city.
9) In close proximity to the most modern seaport – Jawaharlal Nehru Port.
10) International airport and Special Economic Zone in the offing.
11) Only Indian city to have commercial complex above railway stations.
12) Asia’s biggest wholesale market, APMC is located here.